Next up in line in my chosen three easy Valentine Day recipes is scones. I dont know why, but I have been trying to make these form of biscuits at home since a long time, considering they are light and with the addition of chocolate chips this mixture can be turned into a chocoholic’s delight. Served best when warm and just out of the oven, you can serve these with a chocolate hazelnut spread and a warm cup of coffee. I’d love to use these when making a special Valentine Day hamper 🙂
225 gms self raising flour
5 tbsp butter
2 tbsp caster sugar
50 gms chocolate chips
Approx 150 ml milk (depending on consistency of dough)
1.Lightly grease a baking tray or line a tray with baking paper. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celcius.
2. Place flour in a mixing bowl. Cut butter into small bits and rub into the flour with your hands until the mixture resembles grainy breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in caster sugar and chocolate chips.
4. Add enough milk to make a soft dough.
5. On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough and using a cookie cutter form biscuits of desired shapes.
6. Place scones on the baking tray and space well apart from each other.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden crown and risen.
Serve warm or otherwise cool down and make a lovely hamper for someone special. 🙂