Firstly, im sorry for the late wishes.
Secondly, to be honest I am pretty embarrassed to upload the picture related to this post. I may be a good baker but not a good cake decorator frankly speaking ( the picture says it all), Nevertheless as “proof” I thought I might as well put it up. This is the last dessert from the chosen 3 V-day Specials I had decided to try out this week. Keeping aside the way I presented it, the cake tastes absolutely delicious and I can swear by it. Chocolate Truffle Cakes have always been my chosen favourite(and weakness) at cafes and bakeries. This is every chocoholics must try. The recipe is simple, slightly lengthy when it comes to the icing process, but if you have time and patience do give it a shot. If you are good at presenting then this cake would definitely score you a ten on ten.
Anyways hope you all had a lovely day.
Chocolate Truffle Cake Recipe:
75 gms butter
75 gms caster sugar
2 eggs,lightly beaten
75 gms self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
25 gms cocoa powder
50 gms ground almonds
TRUFFLE TOPPING :
350 gms dark chocolate
100 gms butter
300 ml double cream
75 gms plain cake crumbs ( I added almond powder too )
3 tbsp rum
1. Grease a baking tray lightly and keep aside. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add eggs beating well after each addition.
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together and fold into the mixture along with ground almonds. Pour into the ready tray and bake.
4. After baking, leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. To make the topping, heat the chocolate, butter and cream in a heavy based pan over low heat and stir until smooth. Cool, then chill for 30 minutes. Beat well with a wooden spoon and chill for a further 30 minutes.Beat the mixture again and then add cake crumbs and rum, beating well until mixture smooth.
6. Spoon over the sponge cake and chill for 3 hours or until set.
7. Serve with preffered topping.