Just as promised, I am so excited to share my latest baking venture… Baked Donuts. It had been on my mind for several months ever since I had heard online that these “usually high calorie delights” could be enjoyed at home minus the guilt. Getting a silicon mould for tiny donuts from Lakeland last week made things much easier.
First of course going in for the very classic version of it, Baked Vanilla Donuts.The recipe is simple and the ingredients are basic. I honestly had no idea it was this easy to turn something this good into a healthy version at home.
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
60gms granulated sugar
Small pinch of salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup yogurt
1 large egg
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix together the dry ingredients firstly, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and keep aside. Melt butter in a saucepan and keep aside to cool.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the liquid ingredients. Firstly mix milk, yogurt and vanilla extract. Add egg to the mixture and whisk gently. Later, add the melted butter to the mixture.
3. To combine the two mixtures, gradually fold in the flour to the liquid ingredients. Using a spatula, gently mix the batter.
4. Grease a donut mould before placing the batter into it. Spoon the batter into a piping bag and pipe it into the moulds. Place the mould or baking tray in a pre heated oven and bake until golden brown. Using a skewer or toothpick check if the donuts are thoroughly cooked.
5. Cool donuts after they are baked before adding any glaze or toppings of your choice. Enjoyed best when warm.