Following my stint with Baked Donuts last weekend, the chocoholic in me had me making a second batch of baked chocolate donuts. How could I miss a chocolate version of these delights. Using the same recipe of the classic vanilla donuts, to make the chocolate version of these you will need cocoa powder and brown sugar.
1 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
60gms light brown sugar
Small pinch of salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup yogurt
1 large egg
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix together the dry ingredients firstly, flour,cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and keep aside. Melt butter in a saucepan and keep aside to cool.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the liquid ingredients. Firstly mix milk, yogurt and vanilla extract. Add egg to the mixture and whisk gently. Later, add the melted butter to the mixture.
3. To combine the two mixtures, gradually fold in the flour to the liquid ingredients. Using a spatula, gently mix the batter.
4. Grease a donut mould before placing the batter into it. Spoon the batter into a piping bag and pipe it into the moulds. Place the mould or baking tray in a pre heated oven and bake. Using a skewer or toothpick check if the donuts are thoroughly cooked.
5. Cool donuts after they are baked before adding any glaze or toppings of your choice. I would definitely like to try a ganache topping the next time.
Enjoyed best when warm.