Its Pancake Tuesday!
I’ve posted this a long long time ago, but celebrating today I thought I’ll just repost incase you are still on the look out for something different.
Giving a spin to traditional pancakes this is Austria’s take on shredded pancake also known as ” Kaiserschmarrn”. Traditionally served with rum soaked raisins, I skipped that this morning and just settled for my absolute favourite topping of dusted icing sugar and Nutella.
Definitely give this a shot right away!
1 tbsp butter ( or oil )
200 gms flour
50 gms sugar
1/2 cup of chilled milk
pinch of salt
10 – 12 raisins soaked in rum ( if you prepare this for breakfast, add fresh fruit bits)
1 tsp of vanilla essence
Nutella ( my favourite )
1. Seperate the egg whites and yolks. In a clean bowl, Whisk egg yolks, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Gradually fold in the flour and mix untill smooth.
2. Beat egg whites and a pinch of salt in a separate bowl, until peaks are formed. Add previous mixture to egg whites to make a smooth batter.
3. Heat a non stick pan and melt the butter.
4. Pour the batter onto the pan and swirl the pan so that the batter is even. Let it cook until golden brown on one side.
5. Turn the pancake and using a spatula or spoon cut the pancake into diamond shaped bits. At this point add rum soaked raisins. ( if you choose to add fruits, do so after pancake is fried )
6. Cook until golden brown and serve. Garnish with preffered toppings .
Tip: Fresh fruits and nuts would be a great addition.
Have a lovely week ahead!