I’ve been waiting to tell you that I’ve finally got the recipe to getting that bakery style light vanilla cake. We all have our own versions, I’ve been waiting to format my own .
Giving a slight tweak to my family’s madiera cake that has been passed on from generations I finally found the perfect density that matches light, fluffy and oh so delish!
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white granulated sugar
4 eggs , whole and large
2 1/4 cups, self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 cup warm milk
Juice of half lemon
1. Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a baking vessel of your choice.
2. In a mixing bowl, using an electric beater mix together butter and sugar until soft and creamy. Add eggs one at a time. And continue beating.
3. Add self raising flour and baking powder, continue beating until well combined. Ensure no lumps of flour have formed.
4. Add vanilla essence and mix well. Add warm milk and combine well. Stir well and lastly add juice of half a lemon. Stir well lightly.
5. Pour batter into a lined baking dish and bake at 180℃ for about 20-25 mins or until golden brown. Poke the cake using a toothpick or cake tester after 20 minutes for a check.
6. Remove from baking tin once cool and serve .
P.s I used the above recipes for cupcakes and they were just as delightful 🙂
Hope you try the recipe and enjoy it too . Until my next post, Happy Baking!