I’ve been so ridiculously unproductive on my blog this year. In my last attempt to catch with anyone still following my blog (hello! I am still here ) I’m making a comeback with back to back recipes in the next couple of days. And yes, Christmas baking is upon us so the timing for these recipes might just be perfect.
Firstly coming up are these chocolaty fudgy easy brownies. You can whip these just now .
100 gms butter, unsalted
85 gms, Brown sugar (light)
2 large eggs
45 gms unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
65 gms all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Oil for greasing
Handful of chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180℃.
2. Begin by mixing using an electric beater, beat the sugar and butter until light and creamy. Preferably use room temperature butter.
3. Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing until well combined. Add cocoa powder and mix again. Ensure no lumps of cocoa powder form in the mixture.
4. Sift flour and baking powder over the cocoa mixture and fold in lightly using a spatula. Add vanilla essence and chocolate chips if required.
5. In a square or rectangular baking tin that is greased with oil , pour brownie batter and place into the oven to bake at 180℃ for 20-22 minutes.
6. Using a toothpick or skewer check if brownies have baked by 20 minutes. If required bake for another five minutes.
7. Remove from oven and remove from baking tray once cooled.
Coming up next with something really festive.Festive Italian Butter Fingers up next. Stay tuned.
Until then Happy Baking!